Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Grant and Revoke Privileges

Today I have accidentally given access to a user using the grant option by issuing the Grant sql command.

GRANT VIEW ANY DATABASE TO username;

GO

I have immediately realised that I didn't want to give access to that user and hence I had to revoke the permissions.

REVOKE VIEW ANY DATABASE From username;

Thought I would document this here so that any one doing the same would benefit from this.

Also there is a With Grant option that you can use while using Grant option.

The main difference between Grant and With Grant option is that --
If only GRANT is used, the user cannot grant the same permission to other users.

No comments:

Navigating the Data Science Seas: A Journey with Microsoft Fabric

Data science is a vast and exciting field, brimming with the potential to unlock valuable insights. But like any seafaring voyage, navigatin...