- Backed up my one and only one worldwide SSAS database.
- Detached the database
- Checked the server mode in the SSAS properties as shown below.
Disconnected from my SSAS instance.
- Went to location -- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS13.DEVELOPER\OLAP\Config
- Made a copy of the MSMDSRV.INI file
- Then opened notepad as Administrator as shown below
- Then from notepad opened the MSMDSRV.INI file
- Changed the deploymentmode from 0 to 2 as shown below
- Restarted the Analysis Services as shown below.
- Then connected to the SSAS instance in Management Studio and checked the properties.
- The Server Model is showing as Tabular as shown below
I know I cannot reattach the worldwide multidimensional model database I saved earlier.
More in a next blog whether I have been successful or not.