Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Notepad Basics

The other day my colleague showed me the menu item "View -- Status Bar" in the notepad. I always used to see a grayed out option of the status bar in the past. But this time I could choose the option to actually show the status bar in the notepad. This status bar shows you the curent postion of the cursor in terms of line and character position.

I was puzzled at this and did some research and found that if you enable the wordwrap feature the status bar option is grayed out. If you disbale the wordwrap feature then the status bar option is enabled.

I thought this would be useful particularly when a code page needs to be (is) opened in notepad.

No comments:

Navigating the Data Science Seas: A Journey with Microsoft Fabric

Data science is a vast and exciting field, brimming with the potential to unlock valuable insights. But like any seafaring voyage, navigatin...