Thursday, October 07, 2010

Converting Crystal reports to SSRS

We have a number of crystal reports that we use and in the near future we need to convert them into SSRS reports. I have done some research on the internet and here are my findings.

The first one is a manual migration process suggested by Microsoft -- Link here I cannot imagine converting almost a 1000 reports to SSRS reports. I cannot imagine myself taking up this process.

The second one which came up in my search was the rpt to rdl website run by Jeff-Net. They have two types of conversion service as they call it. Jump Start conversion service and Full Conversion service. They say that it is a service and they donot have a product.

The third one was a product called Crystal Converter by KTL Solutions You can download a Demo version of this product and try out for yourself.

The fourth one is an online service called Crystal Migrator where you can give your email address and upload a single crystal report at a time. The converted report will be emailed to you.

This is just a list of what I have found worthy of note. I still haven't tried any of these yet. Will post my feedback once I try them.

If I have missed out anything please let me know so that I can update my list.

No comments:

Navigating the Data Science Seas: A Journey with Microsoft Fabric

Data science is a vast and exciting field, brimming with the potential to unlock valuable insights. But like any seafaring voyage, navigatin...