Following are the steps to import data into sql server 2005 from Excel.
- Right click on the database from sql server management studio and choose tasks -- import data
- Choose the data source as the driver name specified above ('Microsoft Access 12.0 database engine OL DB provider')
- Click on properties button and click on All tab
- Double click on the data source line and give the file name with the exact path in the property value field. Click ok
- Double click on the Extended properties line and enter Excel12.0 in the property value field. Click ok twice.
- Click next through the import wizard and preview the data and click finish.
Your data is imported into the sql server database.