Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Free Databases and Data Visualisations course for kids Week 5

Week 5 update:

It was another full house yesterday with 17 kids and 4 parents attending the course. #sqlfamily #microsoftnz 

The first 20 minutes were spent in solving issues with questions like --
- 'I created a table but I cannot see it'
- 'I am getting a syntax error'

After this, when I did the recap of what happened last week, I was pleased to see most of the kids eagerly answering my questions regarding update and delete statements. They were keen to discuss some of the SQL functions I covered  There was a bit of difficulty in understanding the substring function. But finally everyone understood this function.

One of them wrote a substring function by passing her name as the first argument instead of the field name and tried to return a substring of her name which was quite impressive.



No comments:

Deploy the Azure Machine Learning Model

In the previous post I have discussed how to create an Azure Machine Model.  In this post I will be discussing how to Deploy this model. Pre...