If you have a column of cells that need to be divided by 1000 for example. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Type 1000 in a cell lets say A2
- Copy the cell A2 using Ctrl+C
- Select the cells in the column where you would like to let us say multiply the values by 1000.
- Right click and select Paste Special
- Click on Multiply as shown below.
You can do the same for adding or subtracting a specific value from a group of cells.
This tip is particularly useful if you want to show the data that is in millions but want to reduce the number of digits by dividing them by 1000.
Hope this heps.