Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Have you heard of space function?

Today I had a unique scenario where I had to introduce 2 spaces in between two fields.

I came across the space function which I used in my scenario.

The syntax is space(integer_expression)

The integer expression is an integer. IF a negative value is supplied a null is returned.

So for example look at the following syntax:

select First_name, + space(4) + Last_Name from test_table

The above select statement will generate 4 spaces in between the first name and last name

The space function will generate a miximum of 8000 spaces.
For more information click here

No comments:

Navigating the Data Science Seas: A Journey with Microsoft Fabric

Data science is a vast and exciting field, brimming with the potential to unlock valuable insights. But like any seafaring voyage, navigatin...