Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Automatic processing of SSAS cubes

I needed to automate the process of refreshing my Sql Server Analysis Services Cubes. My SQL server is 2000 and Analysis Services is SP4.

The approach I followed today is as follows:

I created a package in DTS of SQL Server 2000

Step 1 Created a SSAS task and pointed the Dimension (Rebuild the dimension) that needs to be updated.

Step 2 Then I created another task to refreshh all cubes.

Step 3 I created a On Success workflow between the above two tasks.

I saved this package and scheduled it to run monthly.

No comments:

Navigating the Data Science Seas: A Journey with Microsoft Fabric

Data science is a vast and exciting field, brimming with the potential to unlock valuable insights. But like any seafaring voyage, navigatin...