Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Using Countif in Excel

I was using excel today and I wanted to count all the cells in a range only when there is a value greater than 2. So I started hunting for a funciton in excel and found the countif function.

Countif(range,criteria)

But when I started using it like this -- Countif(A1:A100,>2) it didn't work. It was coming up with an error.

So I tried Countif(A1:A100,">2"). This worked. So if we include the criteria in quotes then the formula worked.

I also noticed a sumif function that also works in a similar way. It populates the sum of all the cells in the range specified that satisfy the criteria given.

1 comment:

sampetrova said...

Well, it’s amazing.Well done. as we know that “hard work always pays off”,
web designing india

INSERT EXEC failed because the stored procedure altered the schema of the target table.

This morning I was trying to call a stored procedure and insert the results in a temp table using the following code  -- create table #...