Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Sharepoint usage reports

Our Systems Administrator left our company last week after being 8 years with us. I have taken over the administration of our intranet which uses Sharepoint 2007 MOSS. I started to explore the site settings of the sharepoint web front end (WFE) from the past 2 days. I was excited when I saw the term site usage statistics under site administration as shown below.

But my excitement died down after seeing the following message. I wondered why our system adminsitrator did not set up the usage statistics. :(

So now I started exploring as to how to enable the usage statistics. So I logged into the sharepoint server and opened the central administration and started exploring application management and operations tabs. Finally under the Operations tab I found the Loggin and Reporting section as shown below.

I clicked the Usage Analysis Processing and looked at the options to set. I was surprised to see just 2 settings to enable site usage reports.

I have set them and will be monitoring the usage from now on. I am pleased with my learning and little discovery today.

No comments:

My first experience with SQL Server Database Partitioning

At my work I have inherited a database where the partitioning was not done correctly.  This database holds millions and millions of records...