When I tried to publish and open in a browser I started getting an error "Excel Web Access: An error has occurred ".
When I checked the event log the following was logged in the event viewer.
There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services http://sharepoint:56737/SPAdmin/ExcelCalculationServer/ExcelService.asmx exception: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
[Session: (null) User:[Domain\user].
I have followed all the following steps to get to this stage.
- I have created a document library
- Added this document library as a trusted file location
- Added the document library to trusted data connection libraries
- Also ensured that the user being used has the proper rights in each of the databases
- Started the single signon service
- Ensured that the Excel Calculation service is running
Still the error was persistent. After a lot of struggling for 3 days, I finally fixed the problem by removing the integrated windows authentication option on the ExcelCalculationServer folder from the Office Server Web Services website on IIS.