Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SQL Share a very useful video resource -- some positive changes that are helpful

For those of you who don't know about SQL Share here is a snippet from thei About Us page.

SQLShare is a division of Fourdeuce Inc, an Orlando, FL based company that also owns End to End Training, a well known provider of technical training. Fourdeuce is owned by Andy Warren, Brian Knight, and Steve Jones.

I have been getting daily emails from SQL Share since my subscription in April 2010. I used to watch some of the videos. These are small videos that cover various aspects of SQL SERVER by various authors. This is a very good resource for beginners and sometimes helps professionals as well. Everybody will learn something from here. There is no doubt about it.

But getting the email today made a difference compelling me to watch it as soon as I saw the email.

The reason for it is below. Have a look at the image below.



I just couldn't click on "Watch it Later" because I wanted to see because it is written in bold writing clearly that it is going to take only 3 min.

If you don't click on the link after seeing the "Learn Something today in 3 min. 46 secs" which is a minute fraction of 24 hrs in a day then I must say that you are not commited to learning. I looked at the topic and thought "Let me see what I will learn in this which I do day in and day out" But I did learn two points which I have posted in my previous blog.

Andy in his email said that he is experimenting this week. I think this little change will influence a lot of peopl in their learning goals and also credit the author of each featured video who take lot of pains recording it to be useful for the community.

Thanks to Andy who is doing a good job of sending these innovative emails.

Another very important change that was done is when you finished watching the video automatically two multiple choice questions come up to test whether you were really concentrating on the video which I found really useful.

Added to this there is a link "challenge your friend" which I quite like that we can send to colleagues for them to answer if they can.

No comments:

Navigating the Data Science Seas: A Journey with Microsoft Fabric

Data science is a vast and exciting field, brimming with the potential to unlock valuable insights. But like any seafaring voyage, navigatin...