I had problems printing powerpoint slides this morning and here is an excerpt from an article on pptfaq.
If you're willing to accept a slightly smaller slide image, you can print Notes Pages instead of Slides. Modify the Notes Master in your presentation:
- Choose File, Slide Setup and set Notes pages to print in the same orientation as your slide pages
- Choose View, Master, Notes Master
- Select and delete the notes text and any other text placeholders you don't want to appear on your slide printouts.
- Select and scale the slide image on the notes master to a larger size. NOT full page, but somewhat smaller. You'll need to find out what the trailing margin on your printer is and make the margins on both sides of your notes master at least that large.
- Print a trial notes page from one of your slides. It will probably be off center. Go back to the notes master and move the slide image accordingly. It'll probably take several trial printouts to get right, but once you've got it nailed down, you should be able to get printouts of just your slides, properly centered on your inkjet printouts.
- Once you've got it nailed, right click the slide image, choose Format and record the size and position of the slide image so you can use the same info in your other presentations.