Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Free Databases and Data Visualisations course for kids Weeks 9 to 11 update

It has been quite a while since I have posted about the free databases and data visualisation classes for 9 to 14 year old kids.  So here I am with an update.  In the SQL test that was conduced in week 8, about 10 kids have written taken the test.  All of them have scored more than 80% except for 1 person who scored 70%.  I am pleased with the overall result.

For the last 3 weeks, I have started teaching Power BI to the kids.  Three more kids have joined the Power BI classes. I taught basics of importing data using a csv file.  Also gave an overview of the 3 views in Power BI Desktop, query editor, Applied steps pane, removing columns etc.

I have also covered about new columns and measures  what the main difference is between columns and measures. I have covered various visualisations in the Report View by explaining them what a measure and dimension is.

Next week I have asked everyone to pick a dataset on their own and come up with their data visualisations.  So waiting for their creativity to unveil.




No comments:

Navigating the Data Science Seas: A Journey with Microsoft Fabric

Data science is a vast and exciting field, brimming with the potential to unlock valuable insights. But like any seafaring voyage, navigatin...