Friday, November 16, 2007

Excel to Word mailmerge problem

Today there was this small thing that took my time. A date field in excel was formatted correctly but when the field was used in the mailmerge with Word. The format in the excel was not being reflected in word.

So I used the following steps to correct this in Word.

Step 1. Right click on the field name
Step 2. Click on the ‘Toggle Field Codes’ option For eg., { MERGEFIELD “AFinish” }
Step 3. Edit the field to include \@ “dd-MM-yyyy” e.g. { MERGEFIELD “AFinish” \@ “dd-MM-yyyy” }
Step 4. Right click and click update field.


You can see the date format as 17-08-2008

No comments:

Step By Step Guide to resolve SQL server connection issues when connecting from R Studio

Yesterday I tried using a couple of  RevolveScaleR functions -- RxSqlServerData and RxImport.in Rstudio.  These are my learnings as part of ...