Friday, August 30, 2019

Participation in Back to School Power BI competition progress

As mentioned in my previous post, all kids have been working hard on their power bi files.

The following are the topics chosen by the kids for the Back to School Power BI competition (4 groups)

Career Pathways
Climate Changes/News
Road Safety
Historical Events

I had a chance to look at the first draft of the power BI files created.  Suggested some changes to improve them further. 

One of the groups were having difficulty in getting the data into Power BI, so helped them with that. 

One of the groups started developing the power BI visualisations directly in the app.powerbi.com as they thought that sharing between them would be easier.  Since you cannot convert the visualisations developed in the app to power bi desktop file, they had to recreate everything in the power b desktop from scratch.  This was a big learning for them.  But they quickly did that.

One of the groups wanted to know how to get data from a website, so pointed them to my webinar on "Top 10 tips" which they could use to create their visualisations.

The Road Safety group created a game that was meant to be interactive.  But when I tried to use it, I didnot find that it was very interactive.  So I have suggested to make some changes.

Some of the photos from this catch up





No comments:

Need admin approval -- Azure webapp message

Challenge encountered :  Today one of my colleague could not access a webapp that I have created in our Azure Tenant.  The error is as follo...