Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Databases and Data Visualisations course for kids Week 2

Databases and Data Visualisations course for kids aged between 11 to 15 years week 2 update. It was good to see so many responses for my last weeks post. #sqlfamily #microsoftnz It was good to see all the kids come back to hear all about databases for the 2nd week.   So first I started off with a Recap of last week, to help the 3 new kids understand the database concepts and also to test the knowledge that they have gained. It was good to see that they remembered most of the concepts except for the redundancy part. The agenda for week 2 was to show them how they could access SSMS and create a database and a table. Everyone of them had hands on experience creating a database named school and a table named student. I also wanted to cover how to insert data in this week but ran out of time so will do that next week. In the end as promised last week, I covered Excel tips as below. - Select All with One click - Open multiple excel files at a time - Move within an excel sheet (Ctrl +Home, Ctrl+End, Ctrl + arrow keys, Ctrl+Shift+Arrow Keys, - Move between different sheets (Ctrl + Tab) I have also given them some homework to ensure that they practice what was learnt in the past 2 sessions. I am looking forward for the session on next Monday.




No comments:

Need admin approval -- Azure webapp message

Challenge encountered :  Today one of my colleague could not access a webapp that I have created in our Azure Tenant.  The error is as follo...